Head of Search
We are looking for a Head of Search to join our growing team and drive this side of our agency forward.
Fancy leading a team across the spectrum of search marketing strategy, technical SEO, links, and content marketing? Keen to run and lead a whole department of an award-winning agency and enjoy managing, mentoring and developing others around you? Want to help take a small, committed and fun SEO agency to the next level for its clients? If you do, then you might be a good fit for our Head of Search role.
It’s a great time for the agency, we’ve seen rapid growth over the last 12 months and are on the cusp of something big that hopefully you – reading this – want to be part of!
We are after an experienced Head of Search to own this entire department, ensure it runs efficiently, and to maximise profitability. You will have a huge influence on the direction of the agency, and will be responsible for driving the standards of excellence, ensuring client satisfaction, retention and growth.
About you and key responsibilities:
It’s a rare senior position for us, so finding the right cultural and experienced fit for our team and client base is important. We’re looking for someone passionate, driven and engaging who has:
- Hands-on as well as strategic SEO expertise, and the ability to pivot between both approaches when required.
- A proven track record of managing, leading and motivating a team. Experience working within an agency environment is essential.
- Clear experience of helping others develop both softer and more technical skills, and helping others grow into more senior roles.
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively.
- The ability to present clearly and persuasively to senior stakeholders, both internally and externally at an infectiously enthusiastic level.
- Meticulous attention to detail and the tenacity to see ideas through to fruition.
- A high level of competence using all key SEO tools and analytics platforms to make commercially viable decisions for clients.
- A commercially minded mindset to help develop and evolve this growing SEO function of the agency.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead the quarterly SEO direction and strategy for clients; and identify team resource needed between Local, Technical, Strategy departments to ensure alignment.
- Work closely with the Head of Digital PR and MD to establish the best solutions and campaigns for clients, utilising wider Content, Digital PR and PPC resource when necessary.
- Build relationships with client stakeholders to get buy-in for the SEO campaigns we are running, with objectives and goals to secure renewals and pursue growth opportunities.
- Lead the direction of the technical SEO department, line managing the SEO manager and supporting them as they manage the wider team.
- Run the P&L for the SEO team, taking responsibility for hiring and resourcing decision making in line with business objectives.
- Work with the senior leadership team to ensure the right people are in their best roles, or having the necessary training, so we are playing to our strengths at all times.
- Continue to refine our processes, systems and output to ensure we are smashing clients’ objectives and delivering the right results.
- Take ownership of team training requirements, including the management of SEO tooling and training budgets.
- Confidently provide business development advice to clients and support the Evergreen leadership team in new business pitches and proposals.
Who we are:
We are a creative SEO and PPC agency based in Oxfordshire. We have been helping a wide variety of businesses across all industry sectors to increase enquiries, leads and sales since 2013. We have an exceptional team of talented individuals and are looking to add more talented and enthusiastic individuals to our organisation.
We have a large portfolio of SME and corporate businesses across the UK in all industries. Variety is certainly guaranteed!
We’re based in a beautifully converted barn between Bicester and Buckingham, so this role will be ideal for anyone living within a commutable distance in Oxfordshire, Berkshire, Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Northamptonshire or Gloucestershire.
We’re open to office/WFH and remote splits; we’re much more focused on finding someone with the right experience and fit for our team and clients than chaining you to a desk 9-5!
- Company share options / profit share
- Office/WFH split
- 23 days holiday
- Flexi-working to support parents and/or a work life balance
- Personal development and strong career progression
- Free fruit and sweets provided in the office
- Countryside, barn-conversion office
- Regular team socials
- Friday afternoon drinks from 4pm
We’d love to hear from you if the above sounds up your street, and you think you’re the right person for our growing team at this pivotal time for the agency.
Your Background / Previous Roles May Include:
SEO Manager/Senior, SEO Director, Head of SEO, Senior SEO Strategist etc (6+ years experience).
£60,000 - £70,000 (dependent on experience)
+ Share Options & Profit Share + Flexi-WorkingApply Now